Online Test Prep Materials – Peterson’s
Peterson’s offers online practice materials for 30+ DSST exam titles.
Petersons.com Peterson’s is an official DSST prep provider and provides monthly, unlimited access to test preparation for over 150 exams. Students get unlimited test prep for all of the exams they plan on taking, including 30+ DSST subject tests.
This plan allows for students to prep as fast as they must, or as slowly as they’d like. From in-depth courses to practice tests to videos and flashcards, Peterson’s offers a wide range of materials to fit your unique learning style. And with convenient, 24/7 online access, students can prep on the go…anywhere, anytime. Cancel anytime.
10% off for Prometric Students
15% off for Military Service Members
Online Test Prep Materials – DSSTPrep
DSSTPrep offers online practice materials for many DSST exam titles.
DSSTPrep.com is a SpeedyPrep test prep product, and is proud to be an official and endorsed test prep provider for DSST and Prometric. All test prep courses are reviewed regularly to ensure that they meet the standards set by DSST and Prometric. In addition, all test prep material is developed by subject matter experts at the collegiate and/or AP instructor level.
Students will have access to all courses during their subscription. You can study multiple courses at a time, and on any device. You set your pace, and our system will tell you when you are ready to test. Test with the confidence of a 96+% first time pass rate, covered by a 100% money back guarantee to pass … first time. DSSTPrep online courses are designed to teach students the broad range of facts, vocabulary, concepts and process they need to know to pass their exam.
- Progress bar demonstrates your growing mastery of the material
- Flashcard system, videos and access to other educational resources provide various methods of study
- 96+% first time pass rate
- DSSTPrep Guarantee – students who complete a DSSTPrep course but do not pass their DSST exam will receive a subscription refund*
- Study chat (Facebook) forums, and DSSTPrep online help.
20% off DSSTPrep for Military and Civilian College Students
Online Test Prep Materials – EBSCO LearningExpress®
Veterans, military service members and their families enjoy access to free DSST preparation materials in the EBSCO LearningExpress DoD Test Prep platform through the DoD MWR Digital Library.
EBSCO LearningExpress is an official DSST prep provider. EBSCO LearningExpress DoD Test Prep is an e-learning platform that includes full-length practice tests, comprehensive study guides, supporting materials and more for many popular DSST tests.
EBSCO LearningExpress offers:
- Unlimited remote access
- Responsive design for mobile devices
- Timed and untimed full-length practice tests
- Instant, diagnostic test scoring
- Detailed answer explanations
- Online, printable, and mobile practice tests
Online Practice Exams – Prometric
Prometric offers online practice exams for most exam titles. Prometric practice exams are offered on the internet-based platform in which the actual exam is administered.
Prometric practice exams are designed to give students a “test drive” of the testing experience so that they know what to expect on test day. They do not contain current exam content and should not be viewed as a predictor of test outcome. Practice exams are approximately 50 questions each and available for most DSST exam titles.
How to Access a Practice Exam
- Click here and create a new account.
- Write down your username and password. These will be used ONLY for your DSST Practice Test login. You will need to create a separate account when you take an official DSST Test.
- Sign in. You may be prompted to install Silverlight on your browser. Try another browser, or complete this installation process before proceeding.
- At the top left, click Candidate, then Take Test.
- On this new screen, click Take at the top. Ensure that Public Tests is selected on the following page, and that DSST Practice Exams is selected from the drop-down Sponsor menu. Then click Submit.
- Under Test Hierarchy, click Other tests. A list will appear below, detailing all current DSST Practice Exams which you can take. Click through the entire list by selecting the numbered circles at the bottom left.
- Select your desired exam, and click Take Test under the Action column.
- This will bring you to the exam confirmation page. Select Take This Test! at the bottom right to begin the exam.
- You will have 24 hours to complete the practice test. After that, your answer data will be cleared. You can, however, take the exam as many times as you would like.
Available DSST Practice Exams include:
- Business Ethics and Society
- Computing and Information Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Science
- Ethics in America
- Fundamentals of College Algebra
- Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
- Health and Human Development
- Introduction to Geography
- Human Resource Management
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to World Religions
- Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- Management Information Systems
- Organizational Behavior
- Personal Finance
- Principles of Public Speaking
- Principles of Statistics
- Principles of Supervision
- Substance Abuse
- Technical Writing
- The Civil War and Reconstruction
Frequently Asked Questions
Order through Parchment, our online transcript ordering service:
- Register for or login to an existing account.
- Select your documents.
- Input your order details.
- Submit/pay for your transcript.
- Track your order.
Contact the DSST Exam Team to order a score report if:
- You did not provide a school code when you registered your exam.
- You would like a copy of your score report for your personal records.
- You would like the scores of an exam that you had previously taken forwarded to another institution.
How to Contact the DSST Exam Team:
DSST exams are internet or paper-based, multiple choice formats. Test takers are given two hours to take the 100 question exam. DSST exams must be taken at authorized testing centers, mostly on college campuses. Click here to find an institution that accepts and/or administers DSST exams.
The test fee is $100 per exam. This fee does not include any administrative costs the testing site may require.
Prior to the test administration, all test takers must present current and valid picture identification such as a driver’s license, passport, or picture student identification. DANTES funded eligible military test takers must provide a valid Common Access Card (CAC). Only test takers should be permitted into the testing room. Unauthorized visitors are not permitted in the testing room at any time.
Registration and payment is completed at the testing center within the testing platform on the day of the exam.
No, the registration process is completed at the testing center on your scheduled day and time.
You can locate an authorized DSST testing center here. You should contact the selected testing center prior to taking the exam to understand their policies. Some locations do not allow walk-ins and require exams to be scheduled.
If your exam requires the use of a calculator, you may bring a calculator that meets the specifications (refer to the Auxiliary Testing Materials section of this publication). For paper-based exams, you may also bring No. 2 pencils with an eraser and black ballpoint pens. Regardless of the exam methodology, you are NOT allowed to bring reference or study materials, scratch paper, electronics such as cell phones, personal handheld devices, cameras, alarm wrist watches, or tape recorders to the testing center.
You can search the list of schools accepting DSST exams by clicking the link below. Make sure to consult with your advisor to be sure the exam you want to take fits your curriculum needs and will be accepted. If you can’t find the school of your choice, contact your academic advisor or the admissions officer at your school.
You can locate your institution’s DSST code by searching for your institution. The code is located on the left corner of the institution’s name. Click here to search for your institution.
Please contact the DSST phone team to provide your schools demographic information prior to testing. If not done, you will be subject to follow the Transcript / Score Report request process. No exceptions. (To obtain a copy of your score report, please visit our website https://ibt.prometric.com/dsst)
If no school code is applied upon testing, you will be subject to follow the Transcript / Score Report request process. No exceptions. (To obtain a copy of your score report, please visit our website https://ibt.prometric.com/dsst
For Military: enter the code for the branch’s Transcript / Score Report service if you are not sending the score report to another school.
- CCAF: 7992
- AARTS (Now JST): 7965
- SMARTS (Now JST): 7964
- Coast Guard (Now JST): 7968
Exam results are available to the test taker immediately after Internet-based exams are taken. Test takers may login to the testing platform at any time to review and reprint their score report. For students who take paper-based exams, scores will be mailed.
No. The score will be sent through e-mail communication to the e-mail address listed during exam registration
Yes. Please contact us over the phone at 1.877.471.9860 to request a re-evaluation. It will take 3-4 weeks for the speech to be re-evaluated. (additional fee applies)
For official scores to be mailed to the institution of your choice, you must provide the institution’s 4-digit DSST code at the time of your examination. Note that some schools require a student to be enrolled before the institution will accept the score report. Due to privacy and security requirements, scores will not be reported over the phone under any circumstance. Check with your school 4-6 weeks after testing to verify your scores have been received. If for some reason your school has not received them, please contact the DSST Team at 877-471-9860. Students have the option to expedite score reports to the school by calling over the phone to request expedited shipping (Additional fee applies).
Score reports are sent to the school/institution you designated on test day. Your school/institution should receive your score report within 90 days of your test date. A delayed score may be the result of an incorrect institution code. If your score report is delayed, contact your school directly.
Testing irregularities that affect the test taker can occasionally occur, such as administrative errors, defective materials, availability of test content and other disruptions of test administrations. In the event of these occurrences, Prometric will investigate, and appropriate actions will be taken based on the findings. Contact our candidate care team for assistance, 1-800-853-6769.
Test centers and Prometric will provide reasonable testing accommodations set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to allow test takers with documented disabilities to participate in taking DSST exams. If you have a disability and require special arrangements, please call 1-800-967-1139.
DSST is an approved VA National Testing Program under the Post 9/11 GI Bill. The VA will reimburse the DSST exam fee ($100) and the testing center administrative fee (amount varies per location). Visit the VA Website for more information.
All test takers are eligible to retest after a 30 day wait period. NOTE: For eligible military students, DANTES only funds the first attempt to pass an exam; any subsequent attempts to pass a failed exam will be the test takers’ responsibility.